Specialist-Led Skills Training
Practical training delivered by Intensivists
The ICU Specialists deliver interactive, hands-on study days covering practical intensive care topics. The study days are run twice a term, in consecutive weeks, so trainees from both sides of the weekly roster can attend. You can find the program here.
The sessions cover:
- Advanced haemodynamics
- Intra-aortic baloon pumps
- Pacemakers and pacing pulmonary artery catheters
- Mechanical ventilation
- Difficult airway management
- Chest drain insertion and troubleshooting
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Renal replacement therapy
- Evidence based medicine
- Simulation training
When and where?
Study days are run on eight Wednesdays a year, between 10am and 1:30pm, with a coffee break half way through.
They take place in the ICU at RNSH.
You can find the program for the Study Days here.